Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March

I feel like everyone is going through a rough time right now in one
 way or another. To see most everyone struggle makes me feel a little better about my situation & grateful for my job & feeling secure for the moment. 

Some friends came up & hung around for a little bit last week. On my b
ookshelf I have a book called " 14,000 things to be happy about ". My grandmother gave it to me. Some of the things listed in this book: doing your job like no one else could do it, piggy banks, water beds, fireworks, a solo drive down unexplored lanes, tolerable temperatures, Google, ignorance being bliss, no loose ends, old records, used bikes, toddlers' vocabulary, the first day of sandals, the sunny side of living, what you can learn from the Food network, decorating a bachelorette house exactly as you want...

My friend declared at least half the things in this book  are "not real things" & I could kind of see where he was coming from. But the thought was cute coming from my gra
ndmother. The last one on that preview list is totally true. Decorating my apartment is on going, but right now I feel like I have the ultimate set up. Laurren donated her old TV to me because it has a remote & a DVD player in it. True Luxury. So I set it up across from my bed, and didn't take my TV down that is at the foot of my bed. Right now it looks like I'm a crazy TV lady, but until I figure out proper use for both, it'll do. 

Here are some "real things" I have to be happy about:
Homemade Craft Factories



Dogs, familiar or new, when they cuddle up next to you, when they take on human like qualities
Unexpected visitors & slumber parties


& Something to look forward to.

No comments: