Monday, September 29, 2008

I fixed my sink. It was really weird how every male that entered my apartment while it was broken would ask " what's wrong with your sink? let me/ can I/ want me to fix it?". It definitely proved that that male " fix it " complex is true. And fyi, I did fix it all by my lonesome. I haven't fixed my light in the kitchen yet. Now I have this irrational fear that I am going to unscrew it too much and not be paying attention and it will fall on the floor. Then once if falls on the floor, it will obviously be dark so I won't be able to clean it up. Or I'll try to clean it up and I'll cut myself and bleed to death. I know that sounds really severe, but my thought process always leads to the worst case scenario. 

I got my first two discs of The Wire. It's really good. But it makes me really mad they can't use the real names of the projects. Even though I am more familiar with the East Side pr
ojects, it would still be more interesting  if I knew what they were really trying to imitate. Some actors on the show have really bad fake Baltimore accents, too.

I really need to clean my apartment, do my dishes, be more responsible, etc. I got to push my island back in front of my air conditioning unit yesterday, it was a good moment. Now I am just counting down the days until my land lord decides to turn on the heat, because now it's getting kind of cold in the morning. I pick out my clothes at night and then get dressed in bed. I used to do this when I was in middle school, and
 now every time I do it there's a certain nostalgia to the routine. 

Work is already talking about holiday.  Time flies so fast when all you have is work and bills. I have no concept of time anymore. A week seems like two days, a month seems like a week. Holidays are nice now that I can appreciate what family I have. I only wish I could give them more of my time. I feel so selfish when I think of all the time I spend on myself and with my friends [who are essentially, just extended family] but I feel like no one really perfects that balance. All I can do is exert more effort, and I can't say I've done that yet.

No comments: